Thursday, July 24, 2008

Andrew's Half Birthday

Today, July 24th, marks Andrew's half birthday. Just six months ago he was born at 8:39am and became part of our family. It is hard for me to believe life without him. There are so many things I love about him it is hard for me to begin. But, since it is his half birthday, I feel like it is appropriate to reflect on life with Andrew so far...

Well, how to say this...
the first few months were difficult. To be exact four. Andrew literally cried for 2-4 hours straight every evening. If he happened to miss even 1 evening, he would make up for it by crying for hours straight in the wee hours. Not sobbing...I mean inconsolable heart-wrenching crying. Many of you witnessed this scenario and it was u-g-l-y. No bouncing, bobbing, white noise, singing, dancing or any routine could or would quiet him down. I am proud to say, we got through that. Whew...

Now, Andrew is fun, funny and such a charmer. Here are a few snipits into his demeanor...

1) I love when he is looking at me from across the room smiling and I don't realize it for a few minutes. When I turn to look at him, he has this huge grin on his face as if he is trying to say, "about time you looked my way." I love it.

2) I also love that he LOVES his sister. She makes him grin and laugh the most. She rolls with him on the floor, tells him silly things and he EATS it up. He does big belly laughs at her that just make my heart melt. I am hoping this mutual love continues well into their adulthood.

3) I love it when I nurse Andrew and he pops off and gives me this look as if he is thinking "OK, good, you're still there" and then gives me a little smile. To me, it is him saying "Love ya, mom."

4) I love it (and know that Ned hates it) that I can settle Andrew down when no one else can.

5) I love his coos, whimpers and even the poutey cries. I love the "conversations" we have when no one else is listening.

6) I love how ticklish he is. Head to toe...anywhere and everywhere I can get him to giggle. His giggle is contagious.

7) I love his thighs so big and so meaty. They are like big turkey drumsticks. You are my little turkey.

8) And, those big blue eyes couldn't be prettier.

I love my boy.


Happy Half Birthday Bubski (a nickname Dad gave him) and it fits.