Sunday, September 14, 2008

How time flies

The first few weeks of life with baby #2 were exhausting to say the least. Very tired from surgery, very sleep deprived, and very emotional to say the least... But, if memory serves, that wasn't what made it so challenging. It was Katie. She LOVED her new baby brother. Too much some days.... She constantly wanted to hold him, change him, cover him with blanket after blanket. Etc...


The novelty wore off as I expected it would. Now, at just 7 and 33 months, they are friends. They laugh at each other, bug each other, but most of all share a strong mutual love for each other. It is endearing.



But just the other day Katie made me have a flashback. She asked to give Andrew his bottle. She hasn't asked to do this in months. I was a little scared that she might tease him or try to squirt it in his mouth, but I said "yes" like a patient mother would do. She did a great job and they both got a few chuckles out of it.


I got the camera to document just one more moment that made me smile.

.



Andrew at a couple days old



Andrew at a couple weeks old



Andrew 7 1/2 months old, Katie 33 months old