Friday, February 6, 2009

Snow

NH winter = snow. Lots and lots of snow. When accumulations are abound we don't get 1-2 inches. No, we get 6-10 inches...each time. And, it doesn't melt. Nope. Not until March if we are luckyl. Literally.

Katie isn't a snow bunny by any means. She says it is too cold. I tend to agree with her. Andrew hasn't experienced the snow (until today). Mainly because Katie isn't interested. That is what happens with second children...they tag along.

Today I convinced Katie to venture out into the snow and "paint." I read in a magazine recently to put food coloring in bottles and "paint" the snow. It was a hit and Katie didn't have to go beyond our back deck.

Andrew, however, immediately went off the deck and was determined to walk in the snow. It was tough, but he managed to get pretty far into the yard...with many falls.


Katie painting" the snow with food coloring

Andrew walking through the snow...on a mission

Just for fun... Katie March 2008. Age 2yrs 3 months.
Andrew is wearing the same snowsuit and hat in the picture above. Age 1 yr.