Friday, April 3, 2009

No Turning Back Now

Sorry I have not posted in a while but things have been busy around here. The moving company came yesterday.

You would think that since we have movers (and packers) that there really wasn't much for us to do...I wish.

Everything we wanted to take needed to be separated into 1) Air Freight (12-14 days), 2) Sea Freight(30-40 days) and 3) what we were taking with us on the plane. And, what to leave behind since we aren't selling our house. It was a very daunting task for me. With two small children, there really wasn't much I could set aside. And, how do you decide what you can do without for 12 days versus 40 days? And to complicate it more, we could only take 1,200 lbs by air and a 40 foot container by sea. I could not get my head around what 1,2oo lbs really means.... Needless to say, we did a lot of shifting freight at the last minute and did not get to take everything we wanted by air. Hey, as long as it all gets to Holland in once piece, I won't complain.


All in all it went smoothly.
Boxes bound for Holland

The loaded truck