Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Luxembourg, Luxembourg

The idea came to us (in an IM skype to be precise) very late Friday night. Friends of ours were headed with their two boys to Luxembourg and, on a whim, invited us to tag along. These friends, unfortunately, are only here 6 months. Great people. Really great and our kids love each other. Ned and I figured...why not?? Saturday morning we packed our bags and off we went on yet another exciting European adventure!

For those of you not familiar with Luxembourg (as I wasnt not that long ago either...) Luxembourg is a small country that neighbors Belgium, France, and Germany. It covers less than 1,000 square miles.
Small. Very small. Blink and you are through it. It is about a 2 hour drive for us.

It ended up being a great mini getaway. The kids loved hanging out with each other in, as Andrew called it, our new house. aka hotel room. Saturday, we visited downtown and took in the sites via a super adorable train through old city and the park. Breathtaking views. Lots of history, but I was busy making Andrew sit in the moving train. Sunday we went to the most amazing playground I have ever seen (see below) and then to a phenomenal castle.



Luxembourg




The amazing playground...


Me, Katie and Andrew at the top of a climbing tower with a HUGE twist-ie slide