As a parent, this was my first experience with pee wee sports. The first of many I am sure. And, I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Both Ned and I did.
Katie had a game every Saturday for about 8 weeks at either 9am or 11am. No practices during the week. Easy and convenient. I know it wont be like this for most sports to come. It was a non-competetive league for 4-5 year olds. And, much to Andrew's dismay, he was too young this year to play. He did, however, love to watch and cheer Katie on. He had his friend Alaina there to play with as well so that helped.
Most of the kids had never played a team sport. It showed, trust me. It was pretty comical when the entire infield and outfield ran to get the same ball. By the end of the 8 weeks, the kids were much better at staying in their position and waiting for the ball to come to them. Katie, like most things, was apprehensive for the first few games. She stuck to her friend, Jillian, like glue in the outfield. And by the last game it was adorable to see them sharing the balls they "caught" (more like rolled to them). They literally took turns letting each other throw it to the coach.
Next year it will be Tee Ball for Andrew and Instructional Baseball for Katie. Should be fun.