Katie completed Kindergarten on Thursday, June 7th. She had a great year! We met with her teacher a week before and she told us that Katie is excellent at math, has a lot of friends and has grown so much during the year. She is ready for first grade!
At the start of the year Katie was much more timid. It was a struggle for her to get out of the car at drop off. By the end of the year, she kissed me/Ned, bounced out of the car and off she went!
At the start of the year, Katie was reading, but at the end of the year she was ready chapter books!
Katie learned to add, subtract and tell time this year!
Katie loves science and learned a lot at her after school activity - Coyote Club. She learned about animal habitats, plants and roots that are safe to eat, identifying bugs and plants, building fires and so forth. She also learned about the life cycle of ladybugs and bug parts.
At the start of the year, Katie was 37 lbs and 41 inches. At the end of the year, she was 39.5 lbs ad 43 inches. She literally grew!
Kindergarten Graduation (called End of Year celebration) was very nice. The children wore their "Sunday best" and went on stage to receive an individual award. Katie got the Award for her Hardworking and Self Disciplined Attitude. She also received a Bible. They children sang a song and recited a poem called "Growing" (below).
Katie sitting next to Dillon and Aidan
Katie on stage
One of the three kindergarten classes
Katie accepting her award from the Dean of Academics
Katie getting her Bible from her teacher, Mrs James
Flowers for the graduate!
Grammy and Grumps at Graduation. They were so proud!
Family minus Lucas who was napping in the stroller
Katie June 7, 2012 - graduation Katie August 31, 2011- first day of school
"Growing"
When I started kindergarten
I couldn't have felt smaller
But I've been growing, growing -
And not just growing taller!
I've learned to read and learned to write
I've learned my numbers too
And there are many other things
That I have learned to do
Kindergarten's over now
But I am not afraid
Because I know I'm ready
To enter the first grade!
