Andrew has changed so much in a year, as he should I suppose. It is hard to believe that an entire year has passed and he went from this tiny helpless baby to a toddler who walks, feeds himself, laughs and plays.
His personality has definitely surfaced in the last few months. He tends to have a stubborn streak and a little bit of a temper. If he doesnt get his way, he falls to the floor and tears start streaming. If I simply utter the word "no", the bottom lip starts to quiver. And I thought girls were supposed to be full of drama! He is quick to smile and laugh. Just turn him upside down or tickle his chin and his laughs are contagious. He adores his sister and thinks she is so funny. He watches her every move and has learned a lot from her. We couldnt love him more and can't wait to see how he changes in the year to come.
(zero to 11 months - left to right, top to bottom)
(inside of invitation read:)
My first year went by in a flash, As you can tell I had quite a blast
Month by month I changed and grew, My smile stayed with me the whole time through
It is hard to believe that I am turning one, I hope you can join me, we'll have lots of fun!
Love the Birthday Boy, Andrew
For Katie's first birthday I made a clothesline with pretty ribbon and had enlargements made of my favorite 0-12 month pictures. For Andrew, we ordered a poster using Snapfish. Just as cute, but didnt take as much time. It is a different ballgame when you have a second child.
The poster shows Andrew's and his many smiles. Andrew is a very smiley boy and has been since birth. If you look at the top left picture that is from one day old in the hospital...he is smiling!
Waking up...with a smile. Time to celebrate his birthday!
Appropriately wearing his birthday suite!
Katie "helped" Andrew with his presents. Andrew really wasn't as intersted as some babies in the paper and ribbon. Instead, he kept climbing on the boxes. He must have climbed on this box 10 times and walked off. He thought it was SO funny. He loves to climb and has NO fear.
Andrew LOVED the cake. He was curious and timid at first but once he tasted the frosting, it was ALL OVER. I made him a #1 individual cake. Don't worry...no one else had to eat this one! I have never seen a baby dive into a cake like he did.
Before.... And After....