Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tooting My Own Horn

I have never scrapbooked in my life but as most parents know, when you become a mom, you want the best of the best for your children (well, this applies to your first child at least).

Way back when, when our babies were just a few months old, two New Hampshire friends, Becca and Staci, showed me their scrapbooks. I was enamored by their work. They were wonderful. Such a tribute to their beautiful babies, Mickey and Jillian.

So, off I went. Bought a scrapbook. Bought some materials. Checked out a few more friends books (Lauren, yours are awesome too!!) I was on my way....

Three years and four months later, I am VERY proud to say that Katie's First Year Scrapbook is COMPLETE. (as of April 2009)

For those of you have seen me scrapbook or seen the book firsthand know that I am a little bit of a perfectionist and take a lot of pride in the details. I loved and hated every minute of making this scrapbook. I toiled over ways to express what was happening in the pictures. I cropped too short or too long and had to reprint and reprint and reprint SO many ity bity pieces of papers. I struggled, I smiled, but most of all I reminisced about all the fun (and challenges) we had during Katie's first year of life. Our first year as parents.

63 pages later. I am SO glad I did this. Katie and I love to look at it together and talk about all the fun and silly things she did as a baby.

Here are a few of my favorite pages... Enjoy.

Page one. A summary page of the first 6 months.
Yes, it took 2 books to complete 12 months.

Bathtime. 0-12 months.

Ocean City NJ July 2006.

Picnics at the Park with friends: Jillian, Ryan, Mickey, Sylvia, and Uma

Lake Winnipisaukee, NH. August 2006. 8 months old.

Orlando FL. October 2006.

First Halloween

11 Months Old. I did a full spread page (2 pages) for each month and summarized in text what Katie was up to.

First Haircut. 11 Months

Sign Language Class. October - November 2006.

First Birthday.

First Birthday - Joint Birthday with 5 friends who are also Dec 2005 babies