Katie turned 4 years old on Wednesday the 9th. Hard to believe!
Katie has just hit the princess phase. I think I avoided it longer than most parents, so I cant complain. She loves Sleeping Beauty and Snow White best. She has also been very interested in dress up. Turning very girlie! She still loves crafts, playdoh, animals, puzzles, and playing outside too.
Katie has started trials at Junior Kindergarten this week which means she goes to preschool in the morning and Jr Kindergarten in the afternoon two days per week. So far, she loves it. In the Netherlands, when children turn four they go to school full time. At Katie's school this means four days 8:30-3:15 and one half day.
Andrew and I went to preschool a little before pick up. The children sang happy birthday to Katie in English and in Dutch. At the end of the song, the children cheer "hip, hip, hooray" four times. Katie loved it. The class gave Katie a present and Katie gave her classroom gift in lieu of goodies bags for the children. At snack time, Katie had a princess cake that I had dropped off. Complete with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella figures.