Friday, March 12, 2010

Discovery

Katie and I found a caterpillar out in our neighborhood on Thursday afternoon. Her name is Kate the caterpillar and it has much provided so much entertainment for both Katie and Andrew. We googled what caterpillars eat and drink. Leaves, fruit and water. We made a habitat and have watched and watched and watched her for the last 24 hours.... Andrew, for some unknown reason, keeps calling her a ladybug and Katie, of course, keeps correcting him. Katie loves to hold her and giggles when she tickles her. She asked if Kate could sleep in her bed but we said she would be more comfortable in her bucket of leaves, sticks, water, grass, grapes and kale.


All I keep thinking about that commercial that aired a few months ago (I think)...I have no idea what the commercial is advertising, but it is about boys day out where they find a frog and the toddler's eyes are practically popping out and he is giggling with pure excitement. Maybe it was for MasterCard..."somethings in life are priceless"...


Andrew put his arm around Katie for the picture.
That is priceless :)

Kate the caterpillar

Katie insists that Kate will turn into a beautiful butterfly. Pretty much, any minute it could happen. She has told just about everyone that we are taking Kate back to Holland with us too...

Next we may have a lesson in life...what happens to a caterpillar when taken out of her natural habitat...