My parents arrive safe and sound...and jet lagged....on March 26th. The kids have been enjoying the extra attention from both Grandma and Pop.
As most of you know, my standard answer for the infamous question "Do you like Holland?" is usually "yes, parts of it I love, parts of it are well, different." Well, we encountered another "different."
Every year, we dye Easter eggs, as most families traditionally do. I bought two boxes of egg dye, one Paas and one Dudley at Target when we were back a few weeks ago. I wasnt sure if they had egg dye here. Well, it turns out they do. But, they also only have BROWN eggs in this country. I figured the kids wouldnt notice the difference and crossed my fingers that the dye took color on the eggs. It did. But, it was, yet again...Different.
Pink dye+ brown egg = pea green egg.
Blue dye + brown egg = pea green egg.
Green dye + brown egg = dark pea green egg.
Yellow dye + brown egg = sort of orange egg.
You see the pattern....
It was fun and messy. We had a lot of laughs and will remember this Easter for years and years to come!