We are back on this side of the pond now and it was probably the easiest flight thus far. It was an overnight flight and both kids slept for about four hours at the same time. (That last part is key). At one point, and I wish I had the camera accessible, they were lying toe to head on two seats next to each other. It was adorable until Katie kicked Andrew in the head!
It is about a seven hour flight but takes about 16 hours door to door. Exhausting....And, when you get there that is when the real fun begins! Jetlag. I have heard that it takes children 1 day per hour of time difference from the place of travel. I don't know who told me this, but it is pretty accurate. We are on day 7 now and completely over jetlag. (there is a six hour time difference)
Now what is keeping us up is back to school jitters! More to come on that soon.