Monday, September 20, 2010

International Peace Day

Tomorrow is International Peace day and in celebration the children at Katie and Andrew's school have been asked to dress in white. Katie had homework that included coloring a dove and both kids came home Friday with poems and songs about lighting candles and peace. Here are two separate conversations we had on Peace Day:

Sunday night.
Mom: Tuesday is International Peace Day so remind me that you need to wear white to school
Katie: OK, well they will probably have peas to eat and I don't like peas.
Mom: (gets a good laugh)

Monday night.
Mom: Remember, tomorrow is Peace Day at school so I picked out your clothes. They are white.(She likes to choose her own clothes, so I had to warn her)
Katie: Well, shouldn't I wear green since it is Peas Day?
Mom: Not Peas day it is Peace Day.
Katie: Whats that?
Mom: Peace means that people get along with one another and don't fight. They compromise on issues, like when I tell you and Andrew to compromise on picking a DVD, and they try to be kind to one another.
Katie: Well, I hope we don't have peas at school tomorrow. I don't like peas.

Think she missed the point on this one? Hopefully it will become clearer to her at school tomorrow.

Gotta love her...