Friday, October 23, 2009

Why do my kids always get hurt or sick when Ned travels? Well, this past week it was both Katie and Andrew.

Ned left Sunday morning. Katie, Andrew and I went to a friends house for dinner that afternoon. We werent there five minutes before Katie is wailing with a mouth full of blood. She was scooting around on a toddler push bike on hardwood floors and did a face-plant. In the end she was fine, but she had a fat lip for about 24 hours. Thank god we didnt have to go to the dentist! (we dont have a dentist here yet!).

Next day...Monday. I stop at a dog grooming salon on the way home from walking Katie to school and Andrew trips over his own two feet and does a header into the equipment. Cuts his head and we leave there with betadine smeared all over his head and a big bump.

Tuesday...we took a nature walk with friends. No injuries but I was paranoid the entire time that one of them was going to go head first into the lake or stream and I would have to jump in after them.

We got through the next couple days and Ned arrived home yesterday, Thursday. Tonight we will be celebrating his birthday...38 years young on October 20th (while he was away). Happy Birthday Ned!


Katie nursing her fat lip with a frozen yogurt pop

Showing her lip off for the camera