Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Snapshot

I need to write this down so that I don't forget it. We are in an amazing"kid phase" right now. The kids play well together and genuinely enjoy each other. Truly. I could not say this a few months ago. Not sure I will say this in a few months from now...

It was as if a switch turned on Andrew and all of a sudden he is able to keep up with the way Katie plays. They are all about imaginary role playing. Whether it is dragon slaying, going to school, a work trip, a parade, or the hospital it is simply bliss for Ned and I. I really need to get the video camera out and try to capture this. It is hysterical to listen to.

Last Saturday morning Andrew woke up at about 7am. I went into his room and told him it was early and to play with his cars. He did. Wow. About 45 minutes later, I heard Katie scuttle across the carpet into his room. More quiet play. Giggles.

We slept until 8:30am. Heaven.

Making Lemon squares

Sitting on the couch watching TV.

Snuggling on the couch for no reason at all....