Tucker, our mixed breed, turned 5 years old on May 15th. We arent sure if that is his actual birthday. He was a rescue dog that we found on www.petfinder.com and met on August 15th 2004. The vet thought he was approximately 3 months old. So, we sort of made his birthday May 15th.
He was all of 17 lbs and they told us he would grow to be about 45 lbs. They were a little off... He is 70lbs! I wanted a medium size dog... Opps. He has turned out to be great dog.
This is the first year Ned and I have missed Tucker's birthday. I am sure Tuck hasn't noticed, but Ned and I (and the kids) were especially missing him this 15th.
Grammy and Grumps (along with Aunt Jeanne and Soon-To-Be-Uncle Dino) are taking care of him while we get settled in Holland. We will see him in August and the plan is to bring him to our new home then.
To celebrate his birthday the kids wore their "Tucker" shirts. They were hand me downs from a NH friend (Thanks Sylvia!) We also put candles in some ice cream and sang happy birthday to him over the phone. Cheesey, I know, but Tucker was our first baby. For those of you who have dogs, you know what I mean.
Happy Birthday Tucker!
(Sorry the video is sideways, I thought I could edit it and turn it, but I couldn't)