Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mall!

Things are different here to say the least. You saw the oven...

Anyway, all the stores that I have seen until a few days ago have been downtown in a city setting. Think cobblestone, lots of tall buildings and people bustling about. This setting is not conducive to shopping with children. I need containment and a kiddie ride to pop a euro into need be.

Well, I found it. My concierge, Alexandra, I should call her, told me about a mall in Maastricht. I was skeptical because she is Dutch and her idea of "mall" may be different than mine. I was pleasantly surprised and quite excited when me and the kids pulled into a parking garage (sort of) and were greeted by a mall...really a mall.

Two stories, department stores, bath and bedding stores, sneaker shops (called "Do it"...as in Nike), supermarket, houseware stores, clothing and shoe stores. I was in my glory. I WILL go back there sans kids soon.